Apply for The Pulse Fund
To apply for The Pulse Award please complete the following form by Midday on 17th November:
Entry has now closed.
If you have any questions about the form, or process, please email email@example.com.
The application form, above, includes all of the following questions:
This should be completed by the main applicant, who we will communicate with across the process.
Your Email Address
Your Phone Number
What’s your relationship to the podcast?
– You could be the owner, producer, an independent company working with them etc.
About The Podcast
Please tell us about the podcast that you are looking to receive funding for. The podcast must have been producing episodes since 1st October 2018.
Apple Podcasts URL
What’s the podcast about?
- Describe the content and format of the podcast (250 words max)
- How often is a new episode released?
Number of episodes in the last 12 months?
Who is your podcast’s target audience?
- This might be age, gender, community of interest? Who are you targeting it at? Additionally if you have data from your host, Apple, Spotify etc – who do they say your audience is? Gender, Age, Location? (250 words max)
What’s the size of your podcast
- On average, according to your host, how many downloads do you get for each episode in the 30days after it is released, and what percentage of those downloads are in the UK?
This section is about what content this funding would enable you to produce.
- A 100-word max description about the project.
- A 500-word max description about the project. We are keen to know what the content will be.
Describe how the project will meet one or more of our aims
- A 500-word max description about how the project will meet our stated aims around health research. Details: https://fund.britishpodcastawards.com/funding-opportunities/the-pulse-award/
Tell us how you intend to spend the money to meet these aims
- A 500-word max description about how the project will meet our stated aims around health research.
How many episodes will funded content appear in, and for what average duration?
- We are looking for funded content to be released in a two month window of March and April 2020. We are open to different suggestions about number of episodes and duration. It could range from a single special to features in a number of episodes.
How much money are you applying for?
- Each award application can be up to a maximum of £5,000.
How will this content will work well within your existing podcast?
- 500-word max
How did you hear about The Pulse Award?
Diversity and Equal Access
The Podcast Awards Limited is committed to equal opportunities in employment, volunteering and all our grant awards. Recruitment and selection procedures are monitored to ensure that individuals are selected on merit and that there is no unfair treatment. This data is collected solely for equality monitoring and will not be used as part of the selection process.
Your reply will be treated in confidence (this sheet will be removed before any assessment of your application takes place). You are under no obligation to answer all the questions below.
Please answer this for the person who is listed as the main contact.
What is your age?
20 to 29
30 to 39
40 to 49
50 to 59
Prefer not to say
Do you consider yourself to have a disability?
In general, a person is considered disabled for the purposes of the Equality Act 2010 if he or she has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial, long-term and adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.
Prefer not to say
I identify my gender as…
Prefer not to say
Do you have a religious belief? If so, please state what it is:
Please select the ethnic category that best represent you. As you make your decision, please think about what ethnic group means to you, that is, how you see yourself. Your ethnicity is a mixture of culture, religion, skin colour, language and the origins of yourself and your family. It is not the same as nationality.
White – British
White – Irish
White – Gypsy
White – Other
Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
Mixed – White and Black African
Mixed – White and Asian
Mixed – Any other Mixed/Multiple ethnic background
Asian/Asian British – Indian
Asian/Asian British – Pakistani
Asian/Asian British – Bangladeshi
Asian/Asian British – Chinese
Asian/Asian British – Other
Black British – African
Black British – Caribbean
Black British – Other
Black – Other
– In order to assess the effectiveness of The Pulse Award, we will require you to monitor audience engagement in you podcast in a number of ways. Please confirm that, as part of accepting the grant, you will: Promote two surveys (provided by us) to your listeners, from before and after the production and share listener data from your host and partners that directly relates to the funded project.